On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Good Decision

I went to my new Norskkurs today and breathed a sigh of relief--it's not too hard, but challenging enough that I learned several new words and a little bit of grammar. I think I'm right where I'm supposed to be, and best of all, the teacher is so much fun. She tries to get us out of the classroom as much as possible by scheduling walks and cultural events for us. On Monday, we're going to see "Annie" (sung in Norwegian--instead of "Tomorrow", I guess the song will be "I Morgen"!) I realize now that I don't want to learn Norwegian fast, I want to learn it well. I'm not desperate to get a job or get into college, so there is no rush, and since I'm in class for 5 hours a day, I need to enjoy it. The guilt from dropping out of the harder class is subsiding--no room for guilt and regret in my head when there are Norwegian show tunes on the horizon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home