On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just Another Sunrise

I think I might be the only person in Norway not lamenting the waning daylight. The sun rises around 8 AM and sets around 4:30 PM now, and I'm not complaining one bit! I love to sleep in, so I'm not generally conscious for sunrises. But 8 AM is totally do-able! And by December, the sun won't show it's sleepy head until after 9 AM--even better!
When I lived in Iowa City, I had an apartment on the Iowa River. When I was moving in, my new neighbor said that watching the sun rise over the river every morning made paying the rent worth every penny. I started laughing--I knew I would not be getting my money's worth! Luckily, my neighbor owned the greatest dog in the world--big, goofy, shaggy, cuddly--getting to pet the dog and talk in funny voices while he cocked his head in dopey adoration, well, that was worth the rent! But nope, no sunrises for me!
For the next couple of months, I'll be able to see the sun rise every morning over Lake Mjosa. I promise that at some point in the near future I'll stop posting all these sunrise photos. The novelty will eventually wear off, but right now, I'm making up for 30 years of missed sunrises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home