On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

At Last..Pumpkin Pie


I made a pumpkin pie today...I forgot how great a pumpkin pie in the oven smells. My whole kitchen smells like cinnamon and ginger--yum! The pie turned out well except for the crust--I used a mix with Norwegian directions. Maybe I messed up the translation of the instructions, or maybe pie crust here is different than what I am used to. It was more dense and moist than I was expecting, but it was okay. Luckily my Norwegian friends really liked it. 5 Norwegians converted, 4,593,036 to go!

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Nov 12, 02:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job on the pie, Martha Stewart! Can't wait to see what you whip out with the holiday baking season around the corner.

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    xMore canned pumpkin and condensed milk being smuggled in from Singapore tomorrow, so look out Norway!

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Kevin, thanks for taking part in my (not so) covert operation! AKA "Operation Pumpkin".
    Jen, I'm going to a gingerbread baking party on Dec. 15th, so that will be one more dessert to add to my repertoire. As for Martha Stewart, if I deserved that title, I would have made my pie crust from scratch, instead of the weird mix in a bag which was not very tasty! Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home