On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Hi from New York!

I arrived safely in New York on Friday night. My flight to Syracuse was delayed, but I can't complain too much, especially after talking to the poor people trying to reach Pittsburgh. Their flight was delayed for 4 hours, then when they finally got on the plane, the food delivery truck hit their plane, so they all had to get off and wait some more! The flight from Oslo to Newark was fairly uneventful, although very cramped as always. Continental has a daily direct flight between Oslo and Newark, but it is a really small plane compared to most international jets. There are 3 seats on each side of the aisle, and 2 bathrooms at the rear and 1 bathroom at the front of the plane. There is always a line for the bathrooms, and one man had the audacity to take a book into the bathroom with him! Oh, hell no!!! That is so wrong for so many reasons! Mainly because I was waiting behind him, hopping around after downing 5 sodas in the past couple of hours! I was also singled out for an extra intensive security check, and the man with the wand was a little too thorough for comfort! When I finally reached my mom's house and opened my suitcases, I found that they had been rifled through as well, and the wrapping on my Christmas gifts was torn. Oh well, at least the security guards didn't eat any of the cookies and chocolate I had packed--I would have been a jet-lagged ball of fury!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home