On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kevin's Back!


Kevin returned safely to Norway today. It will be nice to spend a little time together, before I'm off to New York. And he brought me some treats back from Asia--I'm very excited about my People magazines! I have been feeling out of the loop of celebrity gossip lately, seriously, I didn't know that Ryan & Reese and Britney & KFed were calling it quits. Now I know--the knowledge doesn't make me any smarter or wittier or more thoughtful, it just means I'm back in the loop in time for my trip to the U.S.!
The cheesy photo above was taken this afternoon--apparently my mom has decided that she wants to send photos out with her Christmas cards, and she threatened that if Kevin and I didn't get a nice picture taken together, she would send out a terrible picture of me to everyone. So, even though I'm 30 years old, I had to pose for my Christmas picture or face humiliation. At least the days of going to Olan Mills are over--a compassionate friend, a digital camera, an Epson printer and lots of pretty snow in the background are all it took to appease my mom. (For 2006 at least!) I think this might be the most compelling argument to date for having kids--at least my mom could proudly show off their photos and leave me alone!

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 18, 06:33:00 PM, Blogger My Ming Mei said…

    I think it is a Very good photo. You both look wonderful and that is a beautiful backdrop that you engineered.

    Carrie

     
  • At Mon Nov 20, 05:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, and yes, I was very crafty when I engineered all the fluffy white stuff you see behind us! Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home