On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

An Interesting New Recipe

Today in Norwegian class, the other woman from Iowa and I had a little chat about moose. Her husband is a hunter, so the other night she cooked up some of the moose meat he had stored in the freezer. She didn't prepare it in a traditional Scandinavian manner, though...she cooked up some chicken fried moose with a side of corn on the cob! I laughed so hard--you can take the girl out of Iowa, but I guess you just can't take Iowa out of the girl! (I can't laugh too much, I am currently drinking out of my "Iowa Corn Song" glass!)

On a completely unrelated note, Kevin arrived safely in Shanghai this morning. He has already been to the cheap DVD store where he bought me my favorite movie, "The Princess Bride"! Yay, I can't wait to watch it again! He returns a week from Friday after spending time in Wuxi and then in Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home