On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day! Kevin had a board meeting during the day, poor guy, but when he came home, I made him sage and feta pizza. Nam nam! I was so excited to be able to find pizza dough in the freezer section of the grocery store I forgot that finding sage with my very limited Norwegian vocabulary might be tough. I had to resort to sniffing the various pots of fresh herbs until I found the peppery smelling sage. (For future reference, sage is "salvie", and I'm sure the other shoppers will be pleased that I will no longer have to stick my nose in the produce to find it!) The recipe is so easy and so good:
Premade pizza dough
fresh sage leaves, torn
olive oil
garlic, minced
black pepper
feta cheese, crumbled
mozzarella

Mix a splash of olive oil with the minced garlic and a sprinkle of pepper, use a pastry brush to brush the mixture onto the pizza dough. Sprinkle the feta and the sage on the dough, then top with mozzarella. (Use as much or as little of the ingredients as you like, I am usually quite liberal with all the ingredients!) Bake pizza according to instructions on the dough. It's so good with a nice salad, even better with some chocolate cake for dessert!

I need to pack for Portugal now--it should be about 60 degrees Farenheit while we are there, so I think I'll leave the shorts at home. (I'm as pale as death right now anyway, so I'm relieved to not have to blind anyone with my ghostly white legs!) I'm planning to drink lots of wine and eat tons of seafood, so maybe I should consider bringing clothes will elastic waist bands only! I'm taking my camera, and will hopefully get lots of gorgeous photos--I'll share them when we get back on Monday! Adeus!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home