On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, February 09, 2007

Skidag



Next Friday, there will be no Norwegian classes--the Learning Center is taking a school-wide "ski day". There will be sledding and skiing and refreshments--I would like to go, but we will be travelling to Portugal that day. I know I have said it before, but I love my Norwegian class. The administration really tries to make it fun by getting us out of the classroom from time to time. We have held class in the school kantina, where we spent the time conversing in Norwegian over coffee. We have gone to a movie, and now a ski day. One of our teachers is going to start teaching us Norwegian fairy tales--yay! I can't wait to learn more about trolls!

I'm not too disappointed to miss the skidag, because first, we're going to Portugal! It will (hopefully) be warm and sunny, and I have heard the scenery is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and there are lots of spas in the area--hello, massages! Second, we are going cross country skiing tomorrow with some friends. I have never been before, but I am really excited to try it. If we aren't completely frozen and sore tomorrow night, we might go back to Halfjell for more downhill skiing on Sunday. The weather has been perfect for skiing lately--lots of fresh, new, powdery snow! Hopefully I can take some nice, snowy pictures tomorrow to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home