On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Annie

I went to the local performing arts school's production of "Annie" this afternoon. The props were fairly minimal, but I was amused that Daddy Warbuck's home was furnished with Munch's "The Scream" . It was a cute production, but honestly, my Norwegian is still so poor that I didn't understand much. Obviously I know the storyline, and of course the songs were familiar, but I did find myself dazing off after a while--it was just too difficult to follow the dialogue. Fortunately for me, there were several well choreographed dance numbers --jazz hands translate easily into any language!

7 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 17, 01:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jazz hands rock! My sister taught me a great game back in the fall - it's called "Pass the Jazz Hands". This game could also translate well into a drinking game I would presume :)

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Jen, I sooooo want to learn how to play "Pass the Jazz Hands"! Emily

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 06:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Emily..Don't really have a comment on your post..but didn't know how to reach you otherwise..I would very much like to connect with you..I live in Iowa(go Hawkeyes!!) and am researching my maternal gr grmother..who was born in..you guessed it..Gjovilk!! hence my reason to wish to contact you..what a coincidence, huh? It would be nice to have a "Norway connection". If you are intersested, please let me know..Thanks for your time!!
    Rosemary

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Rosemary! I'd be happy to be your Gjovik connection! If you give me your email address, I'll send you a note. Emily

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 09:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emily..thanks so much..this is soooo awsome!!! My email addy is
    farmgirl898@yahoo.com
    I look forward to hearing from you !!
    Rosemary

     
  • At Wed Apr 18, 05:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Em - Jazz hands would be a perfect activity for a late night in a Dublin pub - still looking into it....

     
  • At Fri Apr 20, 07:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One of my favorites is, Heldig Gris or Lucky pig. (Lucky you or youre so lucky). Gretchen, American in southern norway

     

Post a Comment

<< Home