On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Monday, December 18, 2006

Cold and Dark

This photo was taken at about 8:30 on Sunday morning--wow, it stays dark late now! A few days ago, I was marvelling at how warm it was here. Now it is so cold, so very, very cold! I forgot my gloves when I was out with the dogs Sunday evening, and I really thought my hands were going to freeze and fall off. It has been very clear at night the last couple of nights--hundreds and hundreds of twinkling stars and a crescent moon. It is all very pretty, but damn, it's cold and dark! And despite rumors of magnificent Northern Lights over the past few nights, I haven't seen anything. Oh well, I have a long winter ahead of me, I'm sure I'll see a Northern Light or two before spring arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home