On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Portugal It Is

Thanks to everyone who left very helpful advice regarding our Portugal vs. Italy debate. We have decided to spend February 16-18 on the Algarve coast in Portugal. The area is supposed to have beautiful beaches, relaxing spas and fantastic seafood, so we are really looking forward to our little mini-vacation. Italy is still somewhere we really want to go, but we are thinking that might be a better destination when it is a little warmer and when we have a little more time to spend.
The list of places we want to visit while we are living in Europe is so ridiculously long: Italy, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Turkey, and of course, France. I have always wanted to go to Paris, but so far it just hasn't worked out. I speak the language (albeit quite badly), I love pain au chocolat, and every time I see photos of the beautiful city, I swear my heart skips a beat. Maybe some day...until then, I'll just have to remind myself that the people I know who have been there have complained about all the men peeing in the streets and all the dog poo on the sidewalks! If I keep those nasty images in my head, maybe the desire to go will abate until the time is right.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 25, 02:17:00 AM, Blogger IsthatlikeCAPM said…

    Emily:

    Good choice. I did go to that place officially (without Swarna and the kids of course!!). You may have to rent a car because the resort we were having our conference was LARGE (once you enter the place, you will drive 4-5 miles to get to the hotel!!)

    Do drop a note at fargo1998@rediffmail.com.

    Regards

    Subra

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Subra, I'm so glad to hear from you!!! Thanks for the advice, I think we were planning on renting a car anyway so we could take a nice drive down the coast. Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home