On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Bunch Of Really Cute Dogs






































Kevin and I went to a canine agility competition in Gjøvik yesterday. I had the best time--so many adorable and incredibly talented dogs in one place! I knew that border collies were fantastic at agility, but I couldn't believe the wide variety of breeds competing. There was a tiny long haired chihuahua who was amazingly quick--I had no idea that a chihuahua could do an obstacle course like that! I was also surprised to see a very independent shiba inu competing--he did the course, but in his own good time! Poodles, shepherds, collies, spaniels, terriers...they were all so well behaved and all seemed to be having so much fun. I started toying with the idea of getting Honey and Kermit involved in agility training. I was swiftly brought back to reality when we returned home and I told the dogs to "sit"--Kermit gave me his paw to shake and Honey flipped over on her back for a belly rub. I think they still have some work to do...







4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 11, 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    Hey, you finally found your "ø"!!!

    The dogs in the pictures are gorgeous. I'm sure yours would respond. I watch those "dog whisperer" shows on TV, and it seems that any dog can do any trick once you've got the owner trained. ;-)

     
  • At Mon Jun 11, 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Keera, I have watched the "Dog Whisperer" show too, and I think I totally understand what I need to do with my little monsters, but then I look into those big brown puppy eyes and melt, and instead of correcting them, I say something nonsensical like "Who's the sweetest little puppy wuppy," or something equally inane! I think I might be a hopeless case! Emily

     
  • At Wed Jun 13, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    No, inane is what I used to call my cat. Those terms of endearment were definitely not fit for other human ears! ;-)

     
  • At Wed Apr 18, 03:55:00 AM, Anonymous Dog Fences said…

    I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home