On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Norwegian Puffin Dogs

I came across this article during my puffin research: http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=743
I was incredibly excited about the possiblity of seeing a puffin while on the west coast, but now I really want to see a puffin dog! Norway is chock full of rare, fascinating animals...puffins, puffin dogs, hedgehogs, muskoxen, polar bears...sometimes I feel like I'm searching for the elusive snuffleupagus!

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 19, 07:35:00 PM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    I didn't know the "lundehund" was that rare. My boss has one. A rather amusing article on the dog being named the world's worst breed can be found at Dagbladet.

     
  • At Tue Jun 19, 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Keera, thanks for the article--poor little lundhunder! Such a dubious distinction! That's cool that you have met one in "person"--how is its temperament? Emily

     
  • At Wed Jun 20, 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Emily,

    Just a little note to let you know that you are missed here in Upstate NY as well. Although you'd be freaking out if you were here what with all the tent caterpillars that are around - similar to centipedes. i never step on one that I don't think of you!! Interesting article about the lundehunds.

    We'll have to try for lunch in July.

    hugs,

    Robin

     
  • At Thu Jun 21, 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Robin, eewww!!! I really hope those nasty little creatures will be all snug in their cocoons by the time I'm back in July! Emily

     
  • At Thu Jun 21, 06:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh, those silly puffins! I hear that a few hang around in Monterey (a bit further south of Santa Cruz). John & I plan to head back down to Santa Cruz for our 1yr anniversary, and if we see any puffins, I'll snap a photo and send your way. :) Happy first day of summer (I always remember, as it's also my mom's bday).

    kkl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home