On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hi from Detroit!

Kevin and I are in the Detroit airport now--it has been such a long trip! Oslo to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Detroit, and eventually Detroit to Syracuse (so far the flight to Syracuse is delayed until 10:00). Hopefully we'll be in Syracuse by midnight, and then to my mom's house by 1 AM! As much as I enjoyed the bigger plane and better food on Northwest, I really wish we had done the Continental Oslo to Newark flight again. It's so much faster and the chance of luggage being lost is greatly reduced. Somewhere en route to Detroit, one of our suitcases was lost. Thankfully it wasn't the bag with the Christmas presents, but it did have a couple of fabulous pairs of shoes in it--I hope we get it back! We were able to get some good sushi in the Detroit airport--that was a nice treat that I haven't had in months. Amazing how quickly yummy food lifts my spirits...sure, my suitcase is missing, but I have avocado maki--all is right with the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home