On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Home at Last!

I'm finally home--what a crazy trip! My flight from Syracuse was delayed on Thursday due to weather in the midwest, and I would have missed my connection to Oslo, so I rented another car (a PT Cruiser--wow, not a fan!) and drove back to my mom's house in Sherrill. On Friday, I took the 10 AM flight out of Syracuse, but the Oslo flight was booked, so I had to take the flight to Amsterdam instead. That flight was delayed by 3 hours due to weather, so Friday I spent 8 hours hanging out at Newark airport, and then another 3 hours sitting on the tarmac. Because of that delay, I missed my Amsterdam to Oslo flight, so I got to spend another 2 hours at the Amsterdam airport. Oh well, I'm home now, and best of all, the cats all made it safely to Gjovik. They seem healthy and happy and I am so pleased that the trip went so smoothly for them. I'm off to get ready for our Julebord party tonight, hopefully I can keep my eyes open and not yawn in anyone's face!

5 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 03, 04:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Em - Sounds like you had a doozy of a day at the airport. I'm just so proud at how far you've come in terms of air travel - remember when you'd train it domestically and now you're flying like it's nobody's business. It's amazing :)

     
  • At Sun Dec 03, 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Astrid said…

    i'll never complain about delayed flights again unless I can beat your troubles getting back to Norway =)

    It must have been a nightmare waiting all those hours!!

     
  • At Sun Dec 03, 09:29:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Jen, I'm still not a big fan of flying, but until the build a chunnel from Europe to the U.S. I guess I'll have to grin and bear it!
    Astrid, I'm on my way over to visit your blog right now! I'm so happy to be back home, with a little quiet time again! Emily

     
  • At Mon Dec 04, 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Karla said…

    Wow...how strange. You and I were at Newark the same day....I took the 8pm flight from Newark to Oslo on Saturday!

    Bloggers unite? Found you on expatblogs, by the way....

     
  • At Tue Dec 05, 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Karla, too bad I didn't know you were there too, I could have used some comic relief during my layover! I caught up with your blog yesterday, it sounds like you had a great trip too (aside from the food poisoning and the rude staff at Continental)--isn't going home the best? Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home