On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Visitor


When we first moved to Gjovik in August, this huge orange cat was always in our yard hunting. He is absolutely beatiful, but very unfriendly. He would trot by our house every day, but if he saw us, he would take off running. As the days got colder and snowier, we saw him less and less--most likely he appreciates the comfort of home when the mercury drops. Last night, on my way up to bed, I saw my cats gathered around our sliding glass patio doors, staring out intently. Remember those suction cup Garfield dolls that everyone used to stick in their car windows? Yeah, that's pretty much what the big orange guy looked like, plastered against our patio door on his hind legs, peering through the glass at us. I'm guessing he has a proper Norwegian name like Thor or Bjorn or Ivar, but from now on, I'm calling him Garfield!

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Jan 20, 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Astrid said…

    Looks like a rase cat - maine coon (?) being so big and furry :)

    Beautiful cat!

     
  • At Sat Jan 20, 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Astrid, could he be a Norwegian Forest Cat? I know they are really big and fluffy. Maine Coons usually have longer noses, I think, than this guy has. (Not that I've ever gotten all that close to him, as I said, he wants nothing to do with me!) Emily

     
  • At Sun Jan 21, 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Astrid said…

    He could be I guess, only he doesn't look like he's "hairy" enough around the neck (a bit like the lions). However it's difficult say. He's beautiful though!!

    astrid

     

Post a Comment

<< Home