On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Monday, May 07, 2007

As Requested, A Cat Picture






Keera requested a photo of the cats...unfortunately, they haven't been overly enthusiastic about posing for me lately. If it isn't nap time, it's food time or whirl around like a dervish time, so my cat photos have been a little lacking. I will keep trying to catch one basking in a patch of sunlight, but in the meantime, here's Abner. His photo was taken by my friend Carrie, who took care of the cats until they were allowed to join us in Norway. Her husband Victor decided to amuse himself with Photoshop, so while Abner was actually just hanging out on a coffee table, in the doctored photos, he appears to be enjoying travelling the globe.


3 Comments:

  • At Tue May 08, 07:22:00 AM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    LOL! I've actually been to where Abner is in the bottom pic (Ireland). Thanks for the cat and the laugh, Emily!

    I once said on my blog that photographing cats is a lot like herding them.

     
  • At Wed May 09, 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    hahahah! That is the funniest post I've seen anywhere for a while. It really gave me a chuckle. Your kitty is adorable. How did both cats handle the move here? I think mine were irrevocably traumatized by the journey, poor babies. I feel bad about doing that to them...

     
  • At Wed May 09, 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Michele, I was so worried about all of the animals, but they all seemed to adjust just fine to the move. The first day they got here, the cats were a little freaked out, but by that evening they were out of hiding and exploring their new surroundings. (I think the cats actually like Norway better, as the window situation in this house is far superior to our old house!) Our oldest cat is 13 and she's still incredibly active and feisty as ever. The dogs are goofy and happy no matter what we do to them, and came flying out of their travel crates with tails wagging and kisses for all! As smoothly as it went, I do dread having to make them do it all over again when we eventually move back...oh well, that's a couple of years away. Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home