On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's Official, Kevin's a Real, Live Person!


Kevin returned from China late last night. This morning, he went through all his mail, and lo and behold, Norway has finally recognized him as a person! That's right, Kevin now has a person number! This means that he can open a bank account here, sign up for cable TV and be assigned a doctor. It also means that he won't have to leave the country every 3 months to get a stamp on his passport. (Though he travels for work so much, that was never an issue for him!) Now, all we need to do is apply for permission for me to live here, and in another 9 or 10 months, I too might be recognized as a person.
(The above photo was obviously not taken in Norway, as there is a dearth of Mexican restaurants here. It was taken last June in Texas, but I thought it captured the giddiness of the moment--being a person is awesome!)

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Apr 29, 07:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh, bonus on the cable tv. :) did you know you can also view recent episodes of shows (ER, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, etc.) on the tv network web sites, such as www.nbc.com, www.abc.com, or www.cbs.com ??

     
  • At Sun Apr 29, 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Kari, thanks for the tip. We have been catching up via DVD on lots of our favorite shows, so I'm feeling more or less in tune with what all you kids in the US are up to! Emily

     
  • At Sun Apr 29, 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hi Emily! My name is Michele and I'm an American who moved to southern Norway last year. I stumbled upon your fun blog last week and have been reading through it with interest---you're an entertaining writer! It's so great to read another American's experiences and impressions of living in Norway. I'll be a regular reader from now on.

    Congratulations on Kevin getting his personal number! Believe me, I understand what a HUGE thing that is. It's like the key to all that is important here (especially cable TV!).

    Your friend Kari suggested watching some shows on the internet but, sadly, I've had trouble trying to do that. I always get an error message saying, "This program is available only in the U.S." Dang! So unfair!

    Ha det godt!

     
  • At Sun Apr 29, 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Michele! Thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to stop by your blog and read about your experiences in Norway. Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home