On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Shock and Awe Continue


My mom continues to be amazed by Norway--she was stunned by how much snow was still on Highway 53 by Sognefjord. We had a great tour of several fjords, the glacier in Jostedalen National Park, and Bergen. (I'll post more photos later.) As much as my mom loves the scenery here, she is not so fond of the food. She didn't enjoy the smoked salmon at all, nor is she a fan of lefsa, cloudberries or Norwegian pizza. After tasting the famed brown cheese, she said "I have a preconceived notion of what cheese tastes like, and this is not it!" Oh well, at least she loves the candy at the Gjovik chocolate factory, so I guess she won't starve to death in the next week!

3 Comments:

  • At Tue May 15, 03:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you guys having a great time - can't wait to see the fjord photos :)

     
  • At Tue May 15, 05:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yikes - lots of snow!

     
  • At Tue May 15, 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    Heheheh... Have your mother try rømmegrøt. OK, I'm just being mean. I do like the stuff myself, but not even every Norwegian can stand it.

    Which Norwegian pizza did she try? Grandiosa? Hooboy, that has got to be one of the bizarrest edibles in Norway.

    Has she tried warm floppy waffles with jam and sour cream? Maybe you could introduce her to fårepølse?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home