On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not Quite as Pretty as Wildflowers


This morning, I awoke to my cell phone ringing at 8:00. (Yes, now that my norskkurs is done until August, I have been a lazy, lazy sloth. Sleeping in, reading out in the yard with a cold drink, rough life, right?) Anyway, it was Kevin on the phone, informing me that men with a dumptruck and a backhoe were on their way over to dig up our oil tank and replace it with a new one. I was not pleased with the timing--friends from the U.S. are coming here on Monday, and I really felt that they would have enjoyed our freshly mown lawn and field of wildflowers a bit more than the muddy pit and mound of dirt which presently dominate our yard. Oh well, that big orange backhoe is rather fetching, don't you think?

2 Comments:

  • At Sun Jul 01, 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Nice lawn, Emily! Do you have to mow it every four days, like we do ours? Grass grows so fast! I'm thinking next summer I should buy a couple of goats... :-)

     
  • At Tue Jul 03, 03:09:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    I think goats are a fabulous idea, I've been pestering Kevin for a couple myself! Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home