On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Water, Water Everywhere






























I was concerned that maybe our Beitostolen hytte would be rustic with no indoor plumbing--I shouldn't have worried! There were actually 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen, cable TV, a big fireplace, comfy beds...it was so nice! The first picture is of the hytte and the second is of our view from the hytte balcony. The rest of the photos are from our hikes around the area. I was so worried that there would be no running water in our hytte, but in fact, the whole weekend I was surrounded by running water. It poured Friday, Saturday and Sunday--I have never been so cold and soaked, but I really did have a great time. The mountains around Beitostolen are gorgeous, full of waterfalls and lovely vistas. Even though the sun never showed itself, all the mist and clouds were beautiful in their own spooky way.






2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home