On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Weather Outside is Frightful

I'm trying to pack for our weekend in Beitostolen...it's not going so well. It is pouring rain and really cold at our house, and I checked the weather in Beitostolen--today's high will be 9 degrees Celsius, with a low of 2! It is officially summer but it looks like I'm going to have to pack jeans and sweaters and raincoats. I really wish I had checked the weather before I started packing, as right now my suitcase is full of sandals and shorts and swimming suits. I guess they'll be going back to the closet. We have to bring our own pillows, sheets, towels and blankets, plus our own shampoo and soap to the hytte. Luckily, it seems that I'm married to Ross from "Friends" (remember the episode where he took all the apples and pinecones from the bowl at the front desk?) Kevin stays in lots of hotels and he ransacks each and every one of them for the little bottles of lotion and shower gel. We even have a little collection of shower caps and shoe shine cloths because if it's not bolted down in the hotel room, he will take it! I checked our massive cabinet o' tiny toiletries and found a bunch of bottles of lavender scented shower gel and shampoo--woo hoo! Even if I'm soaking wet and freezing all weekend, I'm going to smell like a meadow!

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Jun 23, 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    Such a practical man! Those hotel-sized things are great for weekend trips. And if you want, just toss what you didn't use up.

    For once, the weather is better west of the watershed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home