On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trekking with Trolls












Kevin's dad George and stepmom Maria arrived safely in Oslo this morning. They are exhausted and napping right now, so I have a little time to post a few more photos from our trip to western Norway from 2 weeks ago. We drove to the "Troll Stige," or "Troll Ladder," a steep road which zig zags up a tall mountain. Of course I had to get a picture of the sign with the hiking troll! The views were incredible although the drive itself was a little nerve racking and nausea inducing! This was the first time I had been to this part of western Norway, and I was very impressed by the high, jagged peaks. The mountain range in the fourth picture is known as the "Troll Wedding," I'm not sure why. Norway is so beautiful, I can't wait to get out there again and explore with Kevin and his family!



2 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 18, 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Ooohhh, great pictures, Emily! I would have trouble keeping my fears under control driving up that switchback. On roads like that, I can't look down or I start to whimper. It's not pretty.

    Maybe the "Troll Wedding" mountains look like a procession of trolls doing whatever they do at a troll wedding? I should read "Peer Gynt" again. :-)

    God reise med Kevins papa og stemor!

     
  • At Wed Jul 18, 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Tusen takk, Michele!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home