On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, July 06, 2007

Stuck in Newark

Kevin and I are in the Continental lounge at Newark right now--free beer and snacks, woo hoo! I will fly on to Syracuse and he is off to Las Vegas for work. I had no problems getting through passport control in Oslo today. (On the way to Dublin, I was questioned because I have been in Norway for so long. I explained that I had applied for a residency permit and I showed the letter I had received stating that my application was being processed. The passport control woman was not pleased that I was traveling out of the country with a pending application and she was very hesitant to stamp my passport and let me through. My letter states that it will take approximately 8 months to process my application, and there is no way I'm going to stop traveling for that length of time, so I guess I'll just continue to risk being scolded every time I leave the country!) Anyway, no problems getting to Newark today, but now my flight to Syracuse keeps getting delayed. I am so excited about getting home, and all I can think about is getting a Dunkin Donuts iced latte as soon as I land, so this delay is torture! Even though we have visited some amazing places lately, I'm feeling a bit like Dorothy today. There's no place like home, there's no place like home!

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Jul 09, 02:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Em - I know you're a Dunkin Donuts lady but while in NY you've GOT to try McDonalds Iced Coffees. I find myself grinning ear to ear when I include these little dandies in my mornings! I'm partial to the vanilla iced coffee but there's regular or hazelnut if that's your bag too.....

    Welcome home!!!!

     
  • At Mon Jul 09, 03:33:00 PM, Blogger Victoria said…

    Lucky you!!! I'm jealous. :-)

     
  • At Tue Jul 10, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hi Emily! I've been in England for a week, so am catching up on your blog and now YOU'RE gone! LOL. Awesome pictures from your recent travels.

    Have a wonderful trip home, and enjoy your iced lattes. Like Victoria said, we're jealous! :-)

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 08:16:00 PM, Blogger Ishmael said…

    Welcome back to the US!

    Brendan

     
  • At Tue Jul 17, 05:39:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Thanks everyone, I had a fantastic trip, can't wait to get back home again! Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home