On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Fun with Statistics

Kevin and I flew to Iowa City yesterday for my college homecoming. It has been fun being back in my home town, but I can't shut up about how much everything has changed since I was in college. A lot of my favorite haunts have been replaced with new businesses but some things have stayed the same, like a plethora of Mexican restaurants in the area--yum! We were in the mood for some Mexican food, and we passed a restaurant with a big sign advertising $1.99 margaritas. The last margarita I had was in Oslo and it cost $20. That is 1000% more expensive! Being an avid bargain hunter, I of course needed to drink up some of that sweet, lime flavored savings! The margarita was big, strong and delicious...I decided to save more money and order another one. That was also big, strong and delicious, and I felt even giddier about all the money I had saved. I considered saving even more by going for a third margarita, but unfortunately, that kind of logic buys nothing but a headache the next morning--ow! Anyway, we're meeting friends shortly and we can't wait to keep bar hopping and "bargain hunting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home