On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why Am I Still Awake?




My bags are packed, the dogs are at the kennel, and I should be in bed, gettting a good night's sleep before my flight tomorrow, but I'm too jittery. I'm not a big fan of flying (even though I have logged thousands of frequent flier miles this past year) and I'm off to the U.S. again in the morning. I'm flying alone this time, and as anyone who is nervous about flying can attest, it is infinitely preferable to be seated by a loved one and be able to grab his hand during take-off than to be seated by a stranger who will neither let you grip his hand nor rest your head on his shoulder once the Dramamine kicks in!


Kevin leaves Shanghai tomorrow, and after spending a couple of days in Norway, he will join me in New York on Wednesday. On Thursday, we will fly together to Iowa for the University of Iowa's homecoming weekend. It's hard to believe, but it has been 10 years since I graduated with my B.A. so it seemed like a good year to go back and reminisce with friends. (Of course, had I known last spring that we would be in the craze-inducing process of trying to relocate from Norway to New York, I probably wouldn't have booked the tickets...oh well, we're going to have so much fun, and really, spending a weekend enjoying parades, football and a trip down memory lane might be exactly what my addled brain needs!)


Oh, the pictures above are of Randsfjorden. The dogs' kennel is located on the shores of that gorgeous lake--kind of like a canine 4 star resort!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home