On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Friday, September 14, 2007

Two Things

Thing the first: I am OLD! Tomorrow night, we are going to an Irish music/dance festival in Dokka which begins at 8 PM and ends at 2 AM. I really want to go, but I keep thinking about how tired I am going to be, how I had better get to bed early tonight...when did sleep become such a high priority in my life?

Thing the second: Kermit the Dog has a hot spot which he refuses to leave alone. I took him to the vet today and got some cream for his poor leg. The vet recommended putting a sock over his leg to keep him from gnawing on it any more. The vet also said that if the sock doesn't discourage him and his leg doesn't heal, we will have to get him an Elizabethan collar. 99.9% of me really wants the pup to heal quickly, with just the trusty sock, but .1% of me thinks the Elizabethan collar would be awesome! You know, for all the photo ops!

2 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 16, 09:15:00 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    But sleep is important, Emily! It's okay to think about it. It's okay to want it. And it's especially okay to worry that you'll need it at 1:30am in the middle of an Irish music/dance festival. Then again, I'm WAY older than you are, so perhaps you shouldn't be listening to me... ;-) I hope you have a wonderful time in Dokka.

    Kermit is a very handsome boy. I don't think he'll look very good in that big plastic collar-thing, and I know he won't like it. My Rufus had to wear one for a couple of weeks once and it was terrible. He kept banging it into walls and doors and it completely freaked him out. But it did help his leg heal (he'd had surgery). I hope the sock works for your Kermit.

     
  • At Mon Sep 17, 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Michelle, so far so good with the sock (although I think it's more that the poor dog is sick of me yelling at him to leave his leg alone!) So I don't think there will be any funny lampshade pictures in his future. Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home