On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

We had the best time in Iowa City this past weekend! Kevin and I met up with one of my best and oldest friends, Jen, and her husband Steve, and we had an amazing time reminiscing and catching up together. I might have had a bit too much to drink (and WAY too much to eat!) but it was seriously the most fun I have had in so long. We're back in New York now, wrapping up a few loose ends with the new house and the new cars before the big move. I guess this is the last visit home, as the next time we're back in New York it will be for good. I'm ready, I'm excited, I'm still freaking out a little...

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 02, 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Hi Emily! I'm so happy that you're having such a great time in the states catching up with your friends, getting ready for your move back, and enjoying all the booze.
    :-) I loved your post about drinking math. Yeah baby---that's my kind of math.

    Enjoy the rest of your time at home and have a safe trip back to Norway. We miss you here.

     
  • At Wed Oct 03, 04:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you should've let me proof these pics before you posted - sheesh, I just can't ever take a good picture. Yes, it was amazing fun. Steve and I both had so much fun - being that Iowa's the center of the universe and all.... :)

     
  • At Sat Oct 06, 06:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Emily..glad you had a great time in Iowa..too bad the Hawks couldn't pull it out..but oh well..at least the weather was good for you..lol..hope all goes well with your move back to the states..it won't be long,huh? Till then, I look forward to seeing a little bit more of Norway..take care.
    Rosemary

     
  • At Sun Oct 07, 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Michele, thanks, I can't wait to get caught up on your adventures!
    Jen, you look great (or as great as someone swathed head to toe in Hawkeye gear can look!)
    Rosemary, yeah, the game was painful to watch, good thing the tailgating beforehand was so much fun! Emily

     
  • At Mon Oct 08, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Ishmael said…

    Oh, I miss Iowa City so darn much! Please tell me the Hamburg Inn is still intact...

    Brendan

     
  • At Tue Oct 09, 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    The Hamburg Inn is still very much alive and kicking--in fact, we intended to have brunch there on Sunday morning, but there was an hour long wait to get a table, and I tend to get cranky when not fed regularly! Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home