On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Travel Plans

We have visitors from the U.S. coming tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! We have all kinds of fun stuff planned. On Friday we are driving up to Songefjord and then will spend the night in Bergen. We will spend the day on Saturday exploring Bergen, and then drive home later that evening. (Unfortunately it will be about a 5 or 6 hour drive each way, but hopefully the scenery along the way will make it worth it!) On Sunday, we will take our guests to Oslo to see the art museums and the Vigeland sculpture garden, and then on Monday, we are off to Lillehammer for some skiing. Hmm....this all sounded like a really fun plan in my head, but the more I think about it, the more it sounds like some kind of torturous "How to Make Your Friends Collapse from Exhaustion in 4 Easy Steps" regimen! I wonder if I can buy Red Bull here? I think they're gonna need it!
I also spent the day on the internet yesterday, searching for cheap tickets over Paske ferie (Easter break--Norwegians get a 10 day holiday) and I managed to get us tickets to Amsterdam! Plus a 3 night stay in a 4 star hotel at a really good rate! I have been dying to see the Van Gogh museum and my favorite flowers are tulips and I think canals are beautiful, so this should be a fantastic trip! I still can't get over how cheap and easy it is to get everywhere in Europe--I never thought I would be able to go to so many wonderful places, but now the possibilities seem endless.......

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home