On Top Of The World

From the prairie to the fjords (with a few stops along the way.)

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Time is Flying

Only 3 days left in Norway...I have been alternating through states of euphoria and panic! Euphoria because I can't wait to get settled into the new house and see old friends and reclaim my life. Panic because moving is always a headache, and moving from one continent to another is even more migraine-inducing. A container is to be delivered to our house on Monday and then picked up for shipping on Friday. Unfortunately, the moving company that was supposed to start packing our stuff up yesterday has a scheduling conflict and won't be able to start until Monday. I'm a little concerned about them getting our rather large house packed up and loaded on the container in less than a week--it could still happen, right? Oh well, by next week I'll be in New York and poor Kevin will be here in Norway dealing with the moving company. I had a brief meltdown yesterday after visiting the vet with the animals. The microchip scanner wasn't picking up one of the cats' microchip number--the number that is on every single one of its health documents. Apparently microchips can sometimes migrate or just stop transmitting information altogether...4 days before the animals are due to fly overseas wasn't the day for me to learn about malfunctioning microchips! I started cursing the Home Again people, but luckily, my vet is a bit calmer under pressure than I am--he quickly rechipped the cat and printed up new certificates. I checked with the pet moving company, and I guess my meltdown was totally unwarranted, as microchips aren't even necessary in animals being transported to the U.S. Minor microchip annoyances aside, I think I definitely got the preferable moving tasks. Kevin is racing around madly in New York, meeting with contractors, ordering more tile, doing small repairs and cleaning at the new house. (All while trying to also do his rather demanding job without internet access yet at the house--he found a gas station with wireless access close to home and has become a regular fixture there!) It's not all drudgery for him, though--today he takes possession of his new Prius! It's silver, it's tiny, it's adorable! I just need to accept that the next few weeks will be mayhem, but eventually everything will calm down and life will be great--we'll be zipping around in our cute little cars and living on a lake!

4 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 08, 08:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Want to wish you luck with moving back to the States!
    Are you going to continue blogging. Would be nice to read how you are settling down there.

     
  • At Fri Nov 09, 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Victoria said…

    Good luck with everything! I know it is going to feel a little crazy but its all going to be ok. We are going to miss you so much over here!

     
  • At Sat Nov 10, 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Keera Ann Fox said…

    And all I can think is that I'll miss your stories from Norway. I'm happy I got to meet you and "know" you through your blog! I hope you keep blogging! Have a good and safe move back home.

     
  • At Sat Nov 10, 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    I will definitely update my blog once I get settled into the new house to let people know that we (and the animals) are all okay. I might start a new blog at some point--there's a lot of craziness per capita in central New York that needs to be mocked! I'll let you know where to find me, Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home